Thursday, August 24, 2006

That's life

That's Life

That's life, that's what all the people say.
You're riding high in April,Shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune,When I'm back on top, back on top in June.
I said that's life, and as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks,Stompin' on a dream
But I don't let it, let it get me down,'
Cause this fine ol' world it keeps spinning around
I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and outAnd I know one thing:
Each time I find myself, flat on my face,I pick myself up and get back in the race.
That's lifeI tell ya, I can't deny it,I thought of quitting baby,
But my heart just ain't gonna buy it.
And if I didn't think it was worth one single try,
I'd jump right on a big bird and then I'd fly
I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,A poet, a pawn and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out
And I know one thing:Each time I find myself laying flat on my face,
I just pick myself up and get back in the race
That's lifeThat's life and I can't deny it
Many times I thought of cutting out
But my heart won't buy it
But if there's nothing shakin' come this here july
I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball and die
My, My

That's life, that's life what all of us say. There's nothing more that we can do. But im not afraid to tell the whole world that i think we are the best. the best in dance, the best in acting. we have the best teamwork. we learn together as a team, we fall as a team. as mentioned in my reflection log, this is not a project, but rather a learning opportunity for us (the group of good friends) to know each other better. the experience we get, the ups and downs we faced throughout the process is something we cant exchange with anything else. we will never ever have such experience anymore. when we look back, we can be proud to say that our friendships have strengthened and we gave in our very best for this project that we have undertaken. we shan't let this affect us, "Each time I find myself laying flat on my face, I just pick myself up and get back in the race!" (: it's amazing how actually our musical is so real, the songs we sing, the lines we speak; they're like the exact representation of real life situation. first song: I dreamed a dream - we did dream about performing on stage for language arts night; second song: That's life - every bit in this song is so real, we will pull through together a group "we know we will make it, make it through!!!" (xiaoyu's line) (: 3rd song: smile - let's all smile together because we are proud of ourselves. 4th song: Ain't that a kick in the head - how lucky can all of us be, to have this chance to work and have fun together? 5th song: come what may - everything may change, but im sure our experience will never change/die (suddenly the world seem such a perfect place-(Seasons may change, winter to spring)

"See, what in life can be so bad as to make you want to drink that vile of stupid poison?" (aishah's Philip line) (: we know we have done our best, we are proud of it.
East Side Story will be in our hearts forever. (:
thank you dears for making this possible :D

it does not matter what others say, it does not matter what they do, just as long as we know it. "As the saying goes, when one door closes, two doors open!" greater things are out there waiting for us to explore!
 
posted by chuinn* at 10:24 PM, |

0 Comments: